There are so many links I come across and there is not enough time to write longer posts about all of them. Borrowing an idea from Ben Dowdy and his Misfill feature at The Pen Addict, I have started sharing these links in a blog post with a short description about why each article is interesting for authors.
- Jack Covert (Porchlight Books) – Here is the remembrance from the company that Jack Covert founded.
- The radical power of the book index (Prospect Magazine)- An article on a light history of the index and the criticism around it at the time of its creation. And how it is similar to today’s criticism over the internet.
- Raiders of the Lost ARC (Cory Doctorow’s Blog)- Bestselling author Cory Doctorow details his experiences with Advanced Review Copies. And how the pandemic has affected the use of them.
- The 10 New Leadership Books to Wrap Up Summer and Kick Off Fall (Linkedin) – A list of interesting and wittily described leadership books.
- The Financial Times Business Book of The Year 2021 Long List (World Economic Forum) – A longlist themed around modern topics. Such as climate change, conciable corporate action(solving instead of making problems), and cyberweapons.
- Summer Reading Suggestions 2021 (strategy+business Newsletter) – A good list of recent releases for the business professional.
- The Harvard Business School Faculty Summer Reader 2021 (Harvard Business School) – A list of what HBS faculty members are reading.
- The 10 Must-Read Psychology Books Every Human Being Should Read (Ivaylo Durmonski’s website) – A list of books to better understand the human condition/psychology in layman’s terms to better your daily life.
- We Asked, You Answered: Your 50 Favorite Sci-Fi And Fantasy Books Of The Past Decade (National Public Radio) – This is just an outstanding list of the last ten years. You’ll see something things you read and find some more recommendations to go back to.