Bard Press Essay #16
July 8, 2021
Becky Robinson, from Weaving Influence, interviewed me recently for her podcast. The episode was released last week and I think it turned out pretty well.
We covered a number of topics that I have written about here in the last several months.
Here are the set of topics we talked about and the associated time stamps:
- If you don’t get the book right, it doesn’t matter how much advertising and marketing you do—the book is not going to be successful. [2:45]
- Make sure you spend as much time as possible getting the problem right. [3:00]
- The framework of What/So What?/Now What? helps with book descriptions and book proposal [6:05]
- You need a sales plan for your book launch [11:18]
- Giving specific advice to launch book is hard [13:43]
- Your book needs to sell itself from the bookshelf [19:23]
- The five minute audio version of the 10K copy research [21:01]
- The value of investing in a full year of effort in marketing and selling the book [25:09]
- Actions Steps! [28:10]